This year’s Peace News Summer Camp (31 July – 4 August) in Suffolk will be bringing peace activists from across Europe to mark the centenary fo the First World War – and to declare peace on the 100th anniversary of the day that Britain declared war on Germany.
First World War-related workshops include:
- Douglas Newton on How Britain Was Hustled into The First World War
- Alison Ronan on Women in the WW1 Anti-War Resistance
- Kofi Klu on The First World War as Seen from the Global South
- Emily Johns on Rebels of 100 Years Ago
- Kat Hobbs (CAAT) on The Arms Trade and The First World War
- Neil Faulkner (No Glory) on How the Story of the First World War Was Used
- Robb Johnson singing from his brilliant First World War song cycle, Gentle Men
Plus Paul Rogers, Peter Tatchell, Susan Clarkson, Bruce Kent, Rachel Julian, Emma Sangster, Milan Rai, Cath Ban, Derek Wall, Almudena Izquierdo, Aneaka Kellay, Michael Albert (via Skype), Clare Cochrane, Emily Johns, Sheila Triggs and Valerie Flessati and many more (see list of workshops for more info).
For more info and to book tickets see http://peacenewscamp.info